Wednesday 9 December 2009

Playing In Imaginary Worlds





Dreamland
Originally uploaded by hmarynka.

"In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me

Don't say I'm not in touch
With this rampant chaos
Your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
The nightmare, I built my own world to escape..."


Imaginary - Evanescence


When something is going bad, or you're in a situation you do not like... Do you find it easy to allow yourself to slip away?


I find I live in my head alot - I do not know if this is necessarily a good or bad thing... I guess it's up to you. I find it easy to do and time seems to pass ever so quickly, and I feel inside myself is a safe place.


Always remember, no matter what, someone cannot control your thinking, and in your mind is the one place they cannot get to you - Regardless of what physical harm or daily stress you are going through, you can easily slip away to this imaginary land that no one can get to.


And this is why I love it.


I make up stories, go through hundreds of 'What If's...' and sometimes I am the princess heroine that saves the day. Some days I imagine how my life would be if I had something, others I decide to relive memories or create a memory I so dearly wish could come real...


However, it is important not to become delusional with your thoughts - I know many, many things I imagine will never, ever come true. But I still think them because it is almost like a comfort to me. And it gives me hope.


Whether it be escaping the dull school classroom, or putting myself in a sanctuary where real life troubles can no longer hurt me, or just making up something fun in my head... I play in my Imaginary World. And I know many other people live in this bubble too.


Sometimes I just need to remember to come out of that bubble so I can experience fun in real life too - however this will take some time, learning to trust again, and carefully watching life from my bubble...


I know one day I will not rely on it - like when a child grows out of an imaginary friend. But for now it is a lot of fun pretending I live in the Victorian times, with weird creatures and a Prince Not-Charming who will make me feel whole again.


xx


Princess Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment