Tuesday 15 December 2009

Oh, Maiden, Advance With A Sword and Rose



You must forgive me, dear princesses, there was a specific thing which I wanted to blog about today, but for now my head is far too jumbled - I just tried writing it out, but honestly it would make sense to no one... Tomorrow I shall try writing it again, but for now, I want to share with you an article I typed up.

For christmas, I bought one of my friends a Gothic and Lolita Bible, and just could not resist the urge to have a flick through it when it arrived...

I mostly just glanced at the pictures, but there was one article near the front which caught my eye and I scanned over it. I began making a few notes, just little somethings to remind myself/cheer myself up. Before I knew it I was going back and copying most of it down...

There is a paragraph or two I missed out, and obviously I only typed up the important bits - but it is definitely worth reading (even if you are not familiar with Lolita).

" Before I knew it I was a Lolita Maiden.
You are a chosen maiden, a born aristocratic maiden. I understand you well. You’re a dreamer and a visionary who is here in body, but not in spirit.


“I am a special maiden.”


One cannot learn true kindness unless one becomes strong. Nothing will come of indulging in the comfort of lukewarm idleness. It’s trifling and foolish to look at the same things others see and try to discover something interesting from such. After all, there are many more wonderful things, yet-unknown things, beautiful things that will take your breath away in your world. I know you can find these things.


Cotton candy envelopes your heart. Scarlet roses bloom in your eyes. The taste of honey forever spreads on your tongue. Your hair is soft and your skin is smooth. You are a maiden who was born to be a Lolita. You exist in a cocoon. The light of the sun and the glistening of the moon gently fall upon you there. You want to stay in there forever with your eyes closed. While you wish for that, the dreams that fall gently upon you there are woven like a sweet layer of powdered sugar...


But girls with a highly developed sense of beauty are intelligent. Have you realized that behind the fluffy cuteness lies hidden a well-honed sword, the blade of which shines brightly?
That’s right. After all, you already know, don’t you? That this world does not consist of only beautiful things? That somewhere there lurks malice that intends to do you harm? That roses have thorns so that they remain sublime? And that sometimes, you must fight to protect that which is dear to you?


Gothic and Lolita clothes are a maiden’s armour, which even a knight’s armour cannot compare to. A maiden’s lace is her steel. Her ribbons are chains. Her dress hat is her helmet, and she surreptitiously changes the blood that flows from her wounds into true red rose petals. Thus, the maiden fights. After all, to live is to fight, and to become beautiful is to become stronger.


You are a noble that no one may touch, you are cute and yet tragic. Yes, the ideal aristocratic maiden, in my imagination, is very much like you.


Say, I can see wings on your back – elegant wings, with the luster of velvet. Please keep flying freely, without fear. Even if someone should hurt you, you will end up landing in the right place. I know this well, because once upon a time, I was like you, too. "

By Arika Takarano of ALI PROJECT

To be honest I need to allow myself to let it all sink in for a while, and keep referring back to it, but I do believe it was beautifully written... And very, very true...

(I must now go and wrap up said gift ^^;... )

I hope this will tide you over for today, and tomorrow I shall do alot of writing of things that have been occupying my head lately...

xx

Princess Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment